Thursday, June 4, 2009

Slow to jump on the Bandwagon.

It appears that everyone around me is getting a blog spot, so I have gave in, and made one. Not quite sure how much, or how often I will post on here. But I will give it a try.

So I finally got TMO all set up yesterday. That was a huge pain!! They have a website now, to where you can just go online and set up your move. Well this website is rather complicated, in my opinion. So I worked on trying to get our move set up online for over a week, when I finally gave up, and drove to TMO. I walk into the office, and there is this LCPL chick sitting behind the window. I tell her, I have been trying to do this online..and I am stuck. She then proceeds to tell me, that I need to go home, and use my home computer to finish setting up the move. Was she not listening to me, did she not just hear me say, I HAVE BEEN TRYING..and I AM STUCK. I tell her again..I have tried, I am stuck. She tells me, she doesn't understand how I am stuck, because the website is pretty self explanatory...REALLY?? REALLY?? Ok lady..it might be self explanatory to you, because you work in TMO..you know what a JEAT is..and you know what a GBLOC is, but I do not. If you want the website to be self explanatory, when you ask the question is your move a JEAT or a JENQ, please have a link to click next to those acronyms that explains those acronyms..that is a self explanatory website. ANYWAY..after arguing with her for a minute, she finally went and talked to her supervisor, who said he would help me, but he was busy until 11. Mind you, it is 9:45. Fine, I will go wait in my car. So Robin and I go back to the truck, where she has snacks and a lunchable..we listen to music, and she eats all of her snacks, plus her lunchable. At 11, I go back in..the lady recognizes me, and goes back to talk to her supervisor. She comes out and tells me that he is with someone, and will come get me in about 10 min. So I walk into the waiting room, which was PACKED FULL of people. They have a banner up on the wall, it says, Your household goods move just became easier, visit our website, I find this banner quite humorous! 45 min after first going into the waiting room, i go back out to the front desk, and ask the lady what is going on. It appears I have been forgotten, so she takes me to the back to her supervisor. FINALLY..so he lets me get on his computer, and asks me to show him where I am stuck. I pull it all up..and literally, it takes him 5 min to walk me through the rest of the process. I waited 2 hours for something that took 5 min! So anyway, after all is said and done, he gives me all my paperwork, tells me the movers will be calling in the next day or two to confirm the date. I leave, load Robin up in the truck, and sit there and look over the paperwork that he gave me..oops, i put in a wrong date. We wanted the packers to come on the 18th and 19th. So when it asked for pickup date, i just assumed that was the first day we wanted them to come, so I put in the 18th, well i guess that is the last day, so it appears the packers will start coming on the 16th, and have all of our stuff packed and loaded on the truck by the 18th. That is the day Donnie graduates from his school, so looks like instead of attending his graduation, I will be at the house with the movers finishing everything up. That is fine I guess, that means that all we have to do is clean the house, and have final inspection on the 19th to turn in our keys, and as soon as keys are turned in, we will hit the road for our long drive up to WA. Dillon has insisted we have to go through the Redwood Forest, so we will be making a small detour so he can see it! They learned about it in school this year, so he is pretty excited about it.

House hunting is slow. We are looking at living about 30 miles north of where Donnie's office is. It is a lot cheaper, and nice houses up there as well. The only thing is, we need to go there and actually drive it, to see what traffic is like, because if it is going to take Donnie over a hour to get to work, is it really worth it? So I have contacted a few Real Estate offices in the area, and told them our situation, and we will meet up with a few of them when we get out there and have them show us around. Good thing his grandmother is going to let us stay with her until we have a place!! It is going to make this process a lot easier on us all!!

So that is where we are for now. Not a thing gone through in our house to prepare for the move, but TMO finally set up. No house to go to, but lots of options. It seems like 15 more days, and we will be leaving California. I'm really gonna miss it. I have grown to love it over the years! I'm going to miss so many people here! We have friendships with people here that will last a lifetime! I really just don't want to think about that part of the move, at all. I will definitely be coming here for visits!! Everyone can count on that!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Love your new blog! It's so great to be able to see what's going on on in your life!

    ReplyDelete