Friday, November 6, 2009

FINALLY!!!

WE HAVE INTERNET!!

So at the beginning of the week, I received my college winter course schedule. In order to fit my kids' schedules, I am going to have to take some online classes. So this put me in a panic. I have to get internet before I even THINK about signing up for these classes. So I began a torrid of phone calls! I had called Verizon last month, and they still had no updated our phone lines, but I thought I'd give it another shot and see before I committed to the $60 more a month, plus a two year commitment, on our cell phone bill. I gave the lady my situation, and gave my apologies for bothering her, but if she could PLEASE check if our lines had been updated, and if not, could she please put in a request on my behalf! To my SHOCK, she said they just updated our lines last week. Our EXACT address wasn't showing in their system, but this is a brand new house on a brand new street..so she would send a tech out to check it out. Well yesterday the tech showed up..and 4 hours of him messing with the lines, I HAVE INTERNET!! I'm so excited..although this has put me far behind in my cleaning I needed to accomplish today!!

So on a different note. Tomorrow is our Marine Corps Ball. This year, it just doesn't excite me that much. The days is going to be SUPER hectic..and I am impressed not impressed with this commands ability INABILITY to properly plan things out. The day will be filled with training for both Marines and spouses. I am not complaining about the training. The training makes perfect sense. With everyone being a recruiter all over the state of Washington and Idaho, it would make sense to do the training when they have everyone gathered at the same place. What I AM complaining about is how they have the day planned out. I have to be there at 8 am..mind you it is an hour and a half drive for me..so of course hubby will go with me. I will spend from 8-10:30 in family readiness training, then I will meet the command, whom all i met in July, but I'm sure there are a few spouses that haven't. After the meet and greet, awards will be given to Marines and spouses from 11-12. Then from 12-2 is the Marines training. This right here is what gets me. My husband will be sitting around twirling his thumbs from 8-10:30 while I am in training, and then I will be sitting around twirling my thumbs from 12-2 while he is in training. They have different people training the spouses from who is training the Marines..so tell me why they couldn't do it at the same time? Probably because it is TOO logical to do it that way!! After my husband finishes with his training, we will have to head back the hour and a half to our house, get ready, drive the hour and a half back and make it by 5:30 at the latest. So this gives me 30 min to shower, dress, make-up and hair for a FORMAL...REALLY?? UGH, if I had somewhere to change and shower there, I would just take it all with me!!

Ok, that is my tid bit of complaining..

Kids are doing great in school. They seemed to have adjusted to the move quite well. If my financial aid ever kicks in, I will be starting school in Jan. I go on November 18th and sign up for my classes. I'm excited and nervous all in one. I know once I get started, it'll all be easy, but I have been out of school for almost 10 years now. It is a bit intimidating to start over again! But I am OH SO ready!
I'm ready to start working. I have a LONG road ahead of me to do what I want to do, which is become a midwife, but I just keep reminding myself, BABY steps!!

Ok..so it's going to take me a little bit to get back in the groove of the net!! I will try to get pictures of my house and post them soon. I miss doing Not Me Monday's..so I am going to try to do those next week!

Now off to do some house work that I have been neglecting today, since I have spent all day trying to catch up on 2 months with no net!!

No comments:

Post a Comment